Friday, March 9, 2007

boiling point...

I reached it.

Somewhere after the fifth dropped call with the Comcast people...
somewhere after the 25 minute waiting time for the phone part of the Comcast people to come online... and then somewhere after that guy said, "well, the soonest we can have a technician come out to repair your phone will be tomorrow..." and somewhere after I said "that's totally unacceptable..." (in my Utahn imitation of the Nanny... when suddenly my call with him was dropped and nothing was finalized, nor was my "that's unacceptable..." acknowledged... then somewhere after I waited another 35 minutes on hold (at least that's the timer count that my cell phone said), and then somewhere after I got fed up with that and then redialed comcast to talk to an internet person, because at least they answer... and the nice girl named Amber was the one to tell me "well... it looks like the last guy you spoke with did schedule you for a technician to come tomorrow..." and "...it shows that you've had several dropped calls..." and somewhere after I told her I was so furious (but not at her) and that I wanted her to tell someone above her that I was totally disgusted with the waiting time that I had experienced today... then somewhere after when my husband drove up and looked at me wondering why I was pacing while talking on the phone...

after I hung up and just covered my face with my hands and locked my eyes shut.... somewhere after he came and wrapped his arms around me...

that's just about when I let go all of my tears and frustration and sobbed...

over not having a working phone and earlier working internet?

Oh come on Monica. Tell me it isn't true! Please. Don't tell me that THAT is what sent you over the edge...

I expected more from you...

Oh... yeah... and I unplugged my new modem after it's zillionth restart today, and I unplugged the backup battery... and then put it back in and plugged it back in...

and... wouldn't you know that now the phone is working, as is the internet?

Hmm... should I call back and wait on hold for who knows how long to let them know this so that they can cancel the appointment?

hahahahahaahuhuhuhuaaa.

Yesssssss.... micro or macro Monica... wanna know what you see with? Give you one guess.

1 comment:

Tom Reindl said...

Monica,

Sounds like you have a simple short somewhere in your phone line, most probably somewhere just outside of the house. Did it rain recently?