Friday, March 9, 2007

on the little things...

"The straw that broke the camels back..."

On the verge of tears I sit today, in this very moment... over a little thing, that just added to the pile of the other little things neatly shaped in a pyramid in the middle of my mind.

The headache that started on Sunday and never let up, the bills that have sat awaiting the Friday payday, yet although it is now Friday and the paycheck has direct deposited, they still wait in their slot because the girl who pays them is on the verge and doesn't want to face the reality that paying them means crunching the numbers to make sure it all works... that girl... she just wants one more minute of peace to keep this breaking of herself at bay for one more moment. Then there was the poor decision to transfer our phone and succumb to the tempting "bundle" of combining with our tv & internet with our phone... lovely idea... to have both of those with the same company.. might as well add the phone too. Bad idea... the new modem that enables the new phone and the internet seems finicky, and it's only day one. Oh the verge of it all. Then the husband... he's such a wonderful man, but a perfectionist in a way, so when he came home last night after putting in 7 extra hours at the job he's not enjoying to find that the cable guy hooked up the phone in a way to "splice" the wires and place junction boxes in places that will eventually be covered by sheetrock, my husband became vexed. So vexed that he said the complicating statement, "if they can't do it right, they shouldn't do it at all..." so that only adds to the frustration that our new modem doesn't really work well. Great. Good choice to "bundle". Yes... bundle... bundle my nerves and my pounding head and nauseous stomach.

Oh... so funny this all is really.

Here I am praying for vision... wanting a clarity to see if I see macro or micro...

guess that answers that doesn't it?

haaahaaahaaa....
on the verge...
of the pile of all the little things that sit in the middle of my mind...

haaaa...

I am beginning at this very moment to find this completely hysterical.

did I mention that I've been on hold for the last 10 minutes on my cell phone to figure out what's up with my phone? oh the hilariousness of this all....

truly.

No comments: