Friday, March 9, 2007

view...

How do you see? How is your vision? 20/20? Less? More?? And hindsight? How about that? Even in retrospect our vision can be measured can't it? I'm sitting with something kneading in my heart...

Do I see micro? Or do I see macro? Or do I fluctuate in between the vast range between the two? Many times I can see what others see... some view too macro... too large and grand, and they miss the little details right at the tip of their nose. While others, see things too closely and miss all that is in the larger picture before the lens finder. What puzzles me, is that I can see [read: make a perception] of what I think others can see... either micro or macro... yet I can't quite tell how I see.

Of course I'd like to say that I miss nothing... but we all know the fallacy in that. You don't know what you've missed in the micro view or macro until you reflect on it with your hindsight. And even then, is your hindsight 20/20? Or is it still dependant on your lens? Do we take in every detail from the moving picture before us? Is it even possible?

++I wish Lord to let you be the lens and filter through which I see others and the world. I pray for the vision, clarity, and scope through which You're eyes are trained to. I want to see in each problem and each occasion, with eyes of discernment and crispness. Sharpen my depth of perception, sharpen my ability to see the composition that You place in each frame. Draw my eyes in every given moment... take my vision and make it like Your own. Enable the shutter of my eyes to respond to aperture in which you set. Allow my focus to not be blurred, or Lord, blurred in only the ways in which serve You. Lend me Your vision Lord... show me where Jesus is living all around me... in others, through others, and for others. Sharpen my senses and my perceptions, surround me and engulf me with all that You are...++

2 comments:

Michael said...

My sight on life seems to be blurry. I suppose corrective lenses are needed. I wonder who would fit me? But what I lose in lines and rigid containers I gain in the melody and the flow. The flavor and the mix of colors are wonderful you know.

You are insightful here and I love the way that your perspective sees the world.

Take Care
Michael

Tom Reindl said...

Monica, I only see what I want to see ;)