Tuesday, April 24, 2007

interrupting...

My little boy today said the most brilliant thing.....

Alec: "Mommy?"
Me: "Yes, honey?"
Alec: "We should listen to God!" "Right?" as if to make sure I agreed with his thought...
Me: "Yes, we should... He's talking to us all the time..." I'm lovin' Alec's observation and his heart to remember this all... when he breaks in with the most brilliant reminder...
Alec: "Yep, He is... but sometimes we interrupt Him."

so so true...
so so true...

++God... thank you for still speaking to me even though I interrupt you constantly with my own insignificant questions, ideas, and complaints. Please grow me into an adult who can stay tuned into your Voice and your whispers into my life... I'm desperate to grow out of this phase of seemingly short attention spans to what you're trying to teach me, and where you might be trying to lead me deeper. Thank you Father... thank you... again and again.++

2 comments:

Michael said...

What a smart young man.

Take Care
Michael

Tom Reindl said...

Amen to that, woman! :>)