Monday, March 10, 2008

recent project completed...

I finally finished! I started this piece, titled Emmanuels Song, in the fall of 2006, and I just finished in Feb. of 2008, and got it back from the framer on Saturday. I haven't worked on this non-stop mind you, it's been a piece that I pick up and set down for weeks at a time... in the midst of it, I have started and completed other projects (photos to come), but this has been one that I have slowly and steadily made progress on.

I am giving this as a gift to my brother and his wife... it was origionally inteneded as a Christmas gift, but little did I know how long it would take me to complete. Now that I have it done, there is no way that I will wait until this next Christmas to give it to them, so I will be sending it this week! I'm so excited.


It's interesting that when I am stitching I am transported into this realm of prayer that is unique and unmatched at other times of the day or hour. When I begin a project with someone particular in mind as it's recipeint, it's as though with every movement of the needle, my heart is taking them to God in prayers of both praise and petition over their lives, and over God Himself at work in them. I'm so thrilled to be done with this, and now I am looking to see what new project to begin in it's place. I have numerous, but I seem to be taking my time in deciding.


This was a labor of love...

Stitching Kit including Linen, floss, and 18 page pattern: $68
Framing the piece: $100
Time Spent Stitching: Countless - over the span of a year and a half
Giving a handmade gift to a couple I love dearly: Priceless.

1 comment:

Michael said...

A beautiful piece.
I am sure they will feel the love in it too.

Take Care
michael